The $720,521 average resale sales price last month for Walton High School homes in East Side, Mount Bethel, Sope Creek and Timber Ridge Elementary Schools breaks the $700k barrier for the first time as shown in the following chart which compares 2018 to the single highest month in 2008 – 2017.
Real estate websites offer various search capabilities. Those used by agents are the most robust; however, many standard and semi-automated reporting aggregate data by city, county, or a region referred to as an “area”. Most consumers are limited to searching by map, zip, city or what some may term “neighborhood”. Who knows what goes into the algorithms of the online valuation models such as Zillow’s Zestimate.
The ability to search by school is invaluable because attendance lines don’t follow typical classifications or “natural” boundaries like roadways or rivers.
Here are examples of the dilemma faced when trying to get real estate market information for Walton High School in East Cobb.
- County is too broad, as it is just 1 of 16 high schools in the Cobb County School District.
- Zip is better but only about 40% of the homes in 30062, 30067 and 30068 are zoned for Walton
- MLS Area is worse than using ZIP codes as only about 25% of the homes in Areas 81, 82 and 83 are assigned to Walton.
The Walton High School reputation is a major contributing factor to home prices. Being able to dissect the market by high school is key.
It is our commitment to the area and focus on the higher value Walton High School homes that enables us to personally produce the stats on MillerGroupRealty at the elementary school level for various price ranges.
Contact us when moving comes to mind. We promise you’ll be Moved By The Experience.
Perhaps the best place to find residential resale information for higher value Walton High School homes is MillerGroupRealty.
Here are some takeaways as of July (raw data sourced from the First MLS system) for Walton homes in four elementary schools (East Side, Mt Bethel, Sope Creek and Timber Ridge). Unless otherwise noted, the information is based on resales (excludes new construction) of just single family detached homes (excludes condos/townhomes and lots/land).
- Number of Active listings is below the levels reached in the summers of 2014 – 2017.
- Number of new construction listings continues its decline (began June 2017).
- The average sales price increase for Walton since July 2014 is about 18%, coincidentally about the same for the four major metro counties (Cobb, Dekalb, Fulton, Gwinnett).
- The average Walton sales price was $625k compared to $426k for Pope, $433k for Lassiter, $406k for Wheeler and $286k for Sprayberry.
- Higher value homes ($600k+) account for about 45% of all Active listings and Sold listings.
- The July average sales price of $890k for Sope Creek consistently far surpasses the other elementary schools (under $600k).
- Who has the most homes available for under $600k? East Side
- Who has the most higher value ($600k+) homes available? Sope Creek
Contact us when you have thoughts of selling as we may well be your best choice for representation when the goal is to net more at closing, in less time. Our clients benefit most when we can apply our Best Home Marketing approach to selling and also be hyperlocal. We live where we work, and our website reflects this focus.
It’s almost that time of year when the school year is over, and for some that means preparing to make that long anticipated move.
Here is a high level view of the current Walton High School real estate market as of 4/26/18. I chose $600,000 for this illustration because the higher value homes are our particular focus in just four elementary schools. Continue reading “It’s That Time of Year”
Real estate is a common topic of conversation at almost any social gathering, possibly because it is frequently reported in the news, more people own versus rent, and it seems someone in the conversation is planning to buyer, sell or invest in real estate.
These numbers may surprise many who live in East Cobb and specifically those with an interest in Walton High School single family detached homes in East Side, Mount Bethel, Sope Creek and Timber Ridge Elementary Schools. We specialize in this area because it is where we live and clients benefit more when we can implement our Best Home Marketing approach to selling and also be hyperlocal. Continue reading “Walton High School Home Sales”
The homeowner who decides to sell their house enters a competition regardless of whether they list For Sale By Owner (FSBO) or with an agent.
In a track meet, an initial false start by one restarts and renews the race for all, but not so in real estate. Placing a For Sale sign in the yard officially enters them in the race but a false start divides the field into those that truly participant (receive offers and close) from those that become spectators (watch the market activity and are left to wonder).
Continue reading “False Start”
Our WHY is found in our business model, vision, mission, goal and result statements, and it is a simple ‘Y’ that changes the perspective from OUR interest to YOUR best interest. Continue reading “What can WHY and ‘Y’ mean to you?”